Testimonies regarding the study of THE CURE...
- I have never had a study of our relationship with God and others that has impacted me more. The truths have been anchors for my soul midst the raging seas without and within! Praise the Lord for His loving
patience with this saint that is being matured by the tender hand of wonderful Abba Father!
- It has helped me realize even though I make mistakes, I can still be an example of God by letting Him shine through me.
- It stripped away the way I thought my Savior viewed me as and removed the shame, guilt, and hypocrisy that I thought was just part of being "good Christian". It gave me a free, refreshing, and more
personal relationship with my God, family and the close friends that we did the study with.
- The hardest concept for me to grasp was how we all mistake remorse for repentance. According to The Cure, being sorry for our sin and trying not to sin again is not repentence, but remorse. Repentance is the
realization that we are unable, on our own, to do anything about our sin. Our good intentions not to sin is not the same as the power not to sin. Under Grace, we learn to say, "God, I can't do it. You can.
I trust you!" This is what The Cure was all about for me. Throwing out all our empty, good intentioned promises and simply trusting in God's grace.
- The way the cure has been pivotal in my views who I thought God really was. Frustrated with life, God has really blessed me to show me the side of him that most of us ignore... the side of grace.
- The cure is a really clear presentation of what Jesus Christ has done for us, and what we should be as followers of Christ. When we were saved by his grace we were 100% filled with the holy spirit. Given
this, we should live fully in that grace knowing that we have complete victory over our sins through him. As a Christian, we can live victoriously through him.
- The Cure has been a tremendous book and Bible study. It has transformed my way of thinking. What freedom to rest in the truth that, because of Christ & my trust in Him, I am completely pleasing to my God. He
is not separated from me because of my failures. He stands right beside me ready & able to help me through them.
- God has used The Cure to help me better understand how to walk in freedom as a child of God. The truths shared exposed the liberty we possess through His marvellous grace! It challenged my thinking, and
convicted my heart. The Christian life is about "trusting Him not pleasing Him." To God be the glory!